The Hope Capacity Building Campaign evolved into a major goal during the strategic planning process. The campaign will address identified needs within the areas of facilities, personnel, and programs & services.
The Hope Capacity Building Campaign goal of raising $800,000 will enable the organization to:
- Complete the necessary renovations to an 88 year old building
- Provide for additional staff trained to expedite a resident’s completion of the phases of residency leading to independent living
- Implement programs & services that will empower men with the social and vocational skills that will lead to personal sustainability
- Renovation of a 5,000 square foot space on the third floor of the mission for transitional housing that will provide 30 additional rooms, bathroom & laundry room facilities with five rooms exclusively dedicated to homeless veterans.
- Renovation of the Safe Haven shower, bathroom, and laundry facilities
- Completion of window replacement at the mission
- Replacement of the Heating & Ventilation System
- Roof Replacement/Repair (Mission & Outlet Store)
- Plumbing & Electrical Upgrades throughout Mission to Increase Energy Efficiency
- Renovation to the Kitchen Area
- Address Transportation Needs
- Hire a full-time In-Take Coordinator
- Hire a full-time Community Outreach Coordinator
Note: Coordinators will partner with community agencies to ensure providing the necessary support to men during each phase of residency.
Programs & Services
- Provide scholarship funding for Hope residents to earn a Careers in Two Years Degree from Reading Area Community College
- Provide life skills programs that provide the necessary life skills for independent living
- Develop Hope Work Force opportunities with local agencies and businesses
- Partner with local businesses to provide job shadowing opportunities, internships, and entry level jobs for men in the transitional phases of residency
- Provide off-site housing for Phase II Work Transition participants through community partnerships in securing and refurbishing blighted properties
Hope Capacity Building Campaign
Levels of Sponsorships
There are a variety of ways to support the campaign. We ask our donors to continue with their generous Annual Giving donations to one of our Mission of Hope Partnership Levels or of any amount to support the everyday operations of the mission.
The Hope Capacity Building Campaign encourages supporters to consider making a one-time donation to the campaign. The campaign levels of contributions will be recognized as the following:
Embrace Level $3,000
Transform Level $6,000
Release Level $12,000
Hope Level $25,000
Rescue Level $50,000
Mission Level $100,000 & Above
All contribution levels to the Hope Capacity Building Campaign will be recognized with an engraved brick in front of the mission along with a gift depicting Hebrews 6:19.
How can I contribute to the campaign?
- Mail personal or business checks directly to the Hope Rescue Mission, 645 N. 6th Street, Reading, PA 19601.
- Sign in and use our secure, easy credit card donation system by clicking the Donate link. Please be specific that the contribution is for the Hope Capacity Building Campaign.
- Coordinate regular Electric Funds Transfer (EFT) donations through your financial institution.
Please direct Hope Capacity Building Campaign questions to:
Dr. James Smith, Director of Donor Development
Phone: 610-375-4224- Ext. 5